Friday, February 22, 2013

Holy Sh!t!

Today was hands down one of the most interesting days I've had in a long time.

For instance; I woke up to a phone call from my sister telling me she was on her way over (she never wants to come by my place). My niece wanted nothing to do with me (enter sad face here). My son took TWO 2.5 hour naps (haha! Imagine the sleep I'm NOT going to get tonight). I went to Target and bought the only thing I REALLY REALLY went there for (a new sippy cup). It snowed like 5 freaking inches in Chicago and everyone is/was/probably still are freaking out about it (oh, wait, that's normal). Truth be told I was wishing for more but that just makes me an outcast, whatevs. My husband walked through the door with a bottle of wine (ohh la la). I pushed my son in his stroller across the street with snow on the ground (what the HELL was I thinking). I folded the towels.

OF COURSE I save the best for last. This may go down in the books as the first actual experience where I think Johnny and I BOTH enjoyed the same experience. Let me rephrase that because he absolutely loved being pushed on the swing at the park and I absolutely loved pushing him and seeing how happy he was. This was the first experience where he intentionally put himself in a position to be messed with and I took the bull by the horns! He put both feet into his little car/scooter/thingy and was holding on staring at me. Staring at me like, come on ma, do something! So I did!

I grabbed the handle and started pushing and pulling him slowly. He giggled. I died laughing. My husband, John, loading up the dishwasher (I know, back off bitch he's mine) turned around and smiled. Then of course because I have that wild, I need to take things to the extreme personality; I went balls out! I started pushing him so fast, whipping around corners, going into different rooms; making beep noises, car noises, animal noises, creepy noises that I don't even know where they came from. Now, my son who is my equal in the wild department started off by laughing. He loved it! Those super hard, air gasping, BEAUTIFUL giggles are something I will never ever ever forget. His hair blowing in the wind created by my insanity, his twinkling eyes, his hands grasped tightly around the handle (how does he know he's supposed to hold on!!?). Then it became a mission to him. I, of course, was out of breath because I was like the energizer bunny, but I kept going anyways. He was certain that he was in charge. That he was driving the car. That he was the master. This went on for a good 20 minutes. It ended with us having our nightly fight and bed time temper tantrum but hey, it's all good, I run this!

I wish I had pictures of this, but I forever have the memory of the joy this brought to our lives.

Here's a pic of the "thingy." It's on my bed because unless I hid it, we'd be joy riding til the wee hours in the morning; and this mama prefers to spend her Friday nights a little differently these days.

Jessica









No comments:

Post a Comment