Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Who is Your Child?

When my son was just 1 month old I was asked a question by someone that just boggled my mind; "Can you explain your sons personality in 3 words?" My initial thoughts were something along these lines: I can barely get breast feeding down, he isn't sleeping at night, I'm NEVER sleeping, I'm nervous he's not eating enough, I'm still NOT sleeping, I have to take care of this precious being forever, my body is still healing from labor and delivery; no I can't explain my sons personality! Does he even have one?! Okay, killer spaz, slow down and take a breath and relay a responsible answer. To this day I can't remember exactly what I said, but I do know that whatever I said was indeed true, but the many days of just passing through and being so foggy brained have taken over my mind to remember that exact statement.

It's been a while since I've blogged about my son. When he was born I just could not believe that he was mine. I couldn't believe that I had the full responsibility of his success, failure, love, ability to succeed in society, etc., all in my hands. But this little boy; this little 14 month old boy, has truly captured my heart. He is embodied in my entire mind, body, and soul. He IS me. He is life's most precious gift. His huge smile, larger than life cheeks, squinty eyes, button nose, curly hair, puffed out belly, and angelic face is all mine. Johnny loves to play with everything that is NOT a toy. He loves spoons (wooden), forks, chairs, stools, electronic devices, plugs, pots, pans, my hairspray bottle, and plungers. He is a mans man and a TOTAL dude. He loves trucks and is so musically inclined. He has rhythm, beat, and loves to sing. He plays the drums (on chairs, tables, and tupperware), he plays the xylophone heavily, and really shakes it when I sing KC and the Sunshine Bands "Shake your Booty." He is rough, playful, and has an attitude that just wont quit. He knows how to press my buttons and does so frequently. He hate shoes and coats (living in Chicago just imagine how fun this process is!) and would rather walk around barefoot with just a diaper on, holding his sippy cup in one hand.

His laugh and smile are contagious and the darkness of his eyes makes him so dreamy. As much as I need my time alone, I never want to be away from him for a moment. As you can see, I have many ways to describe him and his personality. I know what he likes and what he doesn't like (his favorite food is whole bananas and turkey; not together). He loves his orange handmade blanket and sleeps on top of it every single night. He isn't much of a cuddler anymore (he'd rather walk around and make noise) but he does want to give me a kiss, hug, and even hold my hand during the most random moments. He loves milk and drinks tons of water throughout the day. He is stubborn and independent. I have changed his diaper more than 3,000 times and yet EVERY single time he still gives me a hard time. He hates baths but loves the pool. He is the joy and love of my life and I couldn't be more blessed.

Until next  time,
Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment