Friday, September 20, 2013

Update




Goodness it's been a hot minute since I've last blogged. Well, sooooo much is going on. Johnny is talking up a STORM and will be 21 months in 5 days, goodness. We are all dealing with some cold/allergy issues because of this bipolar ass weather. Last week I took Johnny to Mary Bartelme Park and I ended up slipping on an astro-turf hill and whacking my back and back of my head. So, since then I've been dealing with some serious pain and taking time off the gym. I am dying to go back but I can NOT mess around with my neck. I'm just thankful that Johnny (who fell with me) is okay and didn't get hurt. PHEW!

Johnny vocabulary has expanded tremendously and he's starting to talk in complete sentences. For instance, my niece Ava was crying yesterday and he was following her around asking her "why you cwying?" Seriously. Cutest. Ever. He says "where's" a lot. So, "where's daddy?" "where's mommy?" He also says "I want" A LOT! And he wants EVERYTHING! "I want titi!" "I want ahpus (applesauce)" "I want go outside" etc. He's completely obsessed with brushing his teeth, also. He runs around screaming "I want teeth! I want teeth!" Meaning, he wants to brush his teeth. He does this easily 4 times a day. He laughs back and forth with me when we're messing around, which is the cutest thing in the world. And now he says, "MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" hahaa seriously, just like that. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYY!!! Ah, he's so wonderful. He is learning to get into the cabinets and take the food he wants to eat out. Which brings me to my next point, he's been eating so well lately. For a while he wouldn't eat anything we gave him and I knew that was just par for the course. I also know you can't force them so I would still make him all of his meals and even if he picked at it and only ate one bite, fine. As long as I knew I wasn't depriving him, that made me feel good. However, now he eats like an animal! He eats greek yogurt, cheese, chicken, fish sticks, bananas, pineapple, apples, pancakes, waffles, etc. OH and let's not forget that I gave him fried calamari the other day and he went bananas over it. That and jalapeno chips and doritos are basically his favorites. He's just like his daddy. I also make protein shakes a lot and he loves those too.

He has finally warmed up to his new baby cousin Gracie and even wanted to help feed her, he's so sweet with her. He walks up to just about everyone and says "HI!" with a great big smile on his face. He waves goodbye and blows kisses. He gets along with all of the kids in the gym daycare. However, he also has an attitude. He is very strong and independent, which can be good and bad. But at 20 months, discipline has been challenging. It's hard to figure out how much discipline a toddler can take and what to do, etc. But I believe a little discipline is necessary. He can not always do and get what he wants. So, now when I take something away he cries and throws a tantrum for like a minute but then he's over it. So I feel like I'm making some decent progress with that. He is still taking his nap during the day which helps him sleep much better at night.

Lastly, I am really enjoying life right now. We have a lot of fun vacations coming up and a lot of new experiences that are on the way and I look forward to sharing that on here.

XOJ

No comments:

Post a Comment