Sunday, October 20, 2013

To My Husband On Our Anniversary

1 year of marriage. Where has the time gone? More importantly, 6 years together, where has THAT time gone? Well, I can tell you. It has been the most uplifting, life changing, happy, beautiful, brutal, amazing, crazy, challenging, and rewarding time of my entire existence. 

The man I met 6 years ago has evolved with me into the man I always knew he was; and in turn, he has ripped out the woman he always knew I was deep inside. Now, the man I married one year ago, that man, THIS man, is the man I dreamed of. The man I could never imagine in my life. The one who could push me to my limits. The one who no matter what I want to do, will ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS support me. Will always say, yes, do it! No matter how crazy my mind and thoughts may be, he supports me. This man loves me unconditionally. Imagine that. A love without conditions. A man who has never left my side. A man who has never once threatened to leave me. A man who despite whatever hard times I have personally gone through or whatever challenges we have faced in our relationship throughout 6 years, has down right loved me. 

This man, my husband, will do whatever it takes to make me happy. He is the hardest worker I've ever seen. He works hard for our family. Not only this, but he truly shows me a great time. He wants to experience life with me, his wife, to the fullest. From vacations to concerts, to fancy dinners, to visiting the latest dive food stand, we do it all. Together, baby. 

We have ripped each other's hearts out to find where there were tiny, unbroken pieces, forced each other to really feel that pain, and helped each other place those mended hearts back together and back where they belong; with each other. Neither of us are close to perfect, but we have slowly fixed ourselves and each other throughout the years. 

Not only have I been given this beautiful man, I have been given something that has overfilled my life with even more unconditional love, I have been given my son. My Johnny boy. This man could not have given me anything in life that is more precious than my son. And let me tell you something, there is a quote that goes something like this, "don't marry a man unless you'd be proud to have a son just like him." And if my son turns out to be half the man that my husband is, I would eternally be thankful. My husband is an amazing father. The love for Johnny, you see throughout his whole being. You can see his soul when that little boy smiles at him. 

To the man who shows me true honor and respect, a man who is selfless and loving, here's to many more years, a lot more fun, and infinite happiness! 

Happy 1st wedding anniversary, Sweets!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment