Monday, January 27, 2014

Chicago Polar Vortex 2014

Brrrrr!

I really can not believe how cold it is. Sure, I live in Chicago and have been here all my life; but never have I experienced this degree of freezing. We've had a few days of negative weather this month, I'm talking -40, -20, SUPER COLD. Not only the cold but the Flu and the "common" cold that just seems to run rampant have been making this month very challenging. My whole family has had their bouts of the Flu with lots of nasty symptoms to go with them. We've had MANY sleepless nights. We've been dealing with crazy stuffy noses, runny noses, coughing, sneezing, fevers, chills, you name it. I have felt like crap probably for half of this WHOLE month and while I can certainly take it, my poor son can't.

I have been trying my best to keep us busy and going to activities but with the cold weather closing down businesses, the snow and ice keeping us stuck at home, the sickness keeping us stuck inside and away from people; it's been a challenge. I'm trying my best to keep hands washed, coats bundles, dust cleaned, Vick's on our bodies, and using natural remedies to keep all this sickness at bay. Of course it doesn't help when we DO feel good enough to leave and play with other kids that those other kids pass on their germs and the cycle just repeats itself over and over again. Today it's -16 and we had to run our to the gym and to get diapers and we could barely stand it. So, bad at home we are. The Chicago Public School system is also shut down, AGAIN, which means it's just way too cold to even leave and we should all stay indoors.

So while my little Johnny boy still had a stuffy/runny nose and a cough due to all of that, we are trying to make the best of everything and hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel.




No comments:

Post a Comment