Monday, March 17, 2014

10 Week Transformation Check-In

Geez, 10 weeks already huh? Technically 78 days. That's a lot of days! 

Something I have always tried to tell myself in the past is that I have a dead line. By this day I want to look like this. Or, by this day I want to weigh X. This time around I have done things a little differently. Here's how:

1. I hired a coach. Well, don't I have my Personal Training Certificate? Aren't I a college graduate with my Bachelors in Kinesiology with an emphasis on Health and Fitness? Well, yes, yes I am. But, does that mean that I don't need help? Does that mean that I don't have more to learn? Absolutely not. I was struggling for a long while because I was trying to force myself to try so many different things at one time that I was just driving myself nuts. I would go from not eating enough (not purposefully), to eating WAY too much (also not purposefully) and put a lot of hard work into my workouts, which in essence was doing absolutely nothing except keeping myself in my own circle of crazy.

2. I realized this; The time is going to pass anyways. Repeat after me: The. Time. Is. Going. To. Pass. Anyways. So, if you have 50 pounds to lose, if you want to do it the RIGHT way and KEEP the weight OFF, then it's going to take TIME. Possibly a lot longer than you would like. Possibly 6 months to a year or more! Okay, so when some people hear that, they immediately tend to brush it off  thinking, "UGH! But, you're a professional! I want to lose 50 pounds for my 10 year high school reunion that is next month!" Well, sure you do! But, the truth is, you just shouldn't and really to keep it off, you CAN NOT. I have lost 12 pounds in 10 weeks. That's almost three MONTHS. Good things take time.

3. This is probably the most important, your mind has to be right before your body can follow suit. I'm not saying you have to be 100% problem free because that will never happen. I find that in the past I have said the following, "Well, as soon as I go to this party next weekend and then after I go out to dinner with Mary, that following Monday I will begin." And guess what? That Monday comes and now you have something else that came up. THIS.IS.LIFE! Life happens. Things come up. We get busy. We get sad. Mad. Happy. Angry. Blissful. Plans change. Kids get sick. We get sick! Ahhh, the circle is never ending. [DEEP BREATH] Everything is going to be okay. Do you know when the BEST time to begin is? Right now. Right now, make a vow to yourself that RIGHT NOW you are going to try a little harder than you were before. Take a step forward. One foot in front of the other. Just, begin.

The Statistics:
12 pounds lost
9.75 inches gone

Feeling: PRICELESS!

There are no short cuts. There are no cleanses. There is no magical pill that can give you this type of long term success. There is only BELIEF in yourself. TRUST in your coach. And COMMITMENT to make a better choice when you mess up.

BEGIN. 

Thank you for following my journey! I am so glad to be a source of information for those of you who are looking to get started. So, if you have a great transformation story or are just getting started, comment below on your success! I would love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment