Monday, March 3, 2014

When "Skinny" Clothes Fit


*top: Pink Sugar (Nordstrom); booties: Target; jeans: JBrand Ankle Skinny

John and I just booked two trips for April which is right around the corner and I am beyond excited. The weather here is atrocious and has been for the past 4 months. Being a mom to a rambunctious two year old and being stuck in the house due to weather for most of the winter just isn't cutting it anymore. Spring is supposedly almost here and truthfully, we need to get out of here! So, we are going to Sea World for a few days and then to Vero Beach with my (almost) whole family for the rest of the week. I am anxious to leave already!

Well, with trips to warmer climates comes wearing clothes that you haven't worn since last year OR that are out of style or whatever the case may be, so you "need" new clothes. Well, I have a two year old who is growing like a weed so my first priority is to make sure he has everything that he needs, which happens to be EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure none of his last years summer wardrobe will fit him so I have to go out and get it all. I am totally OKAY with that because he comes first. And besides, it's so fun dressing him.

For me, though, it's a little different this year. I am now 11 pounds lighter and have lost a lot of inches so I was interested to see how my clothes from last year fit me. Well, I tried them on and almost all of my shorts are too big in the waist (I still got my booty) and my bathing suits COULD work, but they make me look frumpy and that's just not cute. They're that awkward stage of "yeaaaah that's too saggy in the butt and yeaaaah that top is slipping off your back" so I am at a crossroads. The GREAT thing is that I have this bin full of clothes I wore when I was smaller (before I got pregnant). Well, in November I was so upset with myself, that I put all those clothes in that bin with full intention of bringing them to the GoodWill because I never wanted to see them again. So, I tried on some clothes and sweet Jesus, Hail Mary, they FIT. My EFFING shorts FIT. Not only do they fit, they are also a bit loose in the waist. WHOA.

So, there I was, standing there with a look of awe in my face. I couldn't even get words out. I couldn't even manage to make a facial expression. I just stood there dumb founded. For those of you who have been following my blog, you will know that I have NOT been "dieting." I haven't been starving myself. I don't eat salads all day. The thing is, when I was "trying" to lose weight before I was doing all of those things. I was eating small amounts. I was eating only "clean" foods, I would starve! And then, I would binge. Binge all the way! Well, since the very end of December, I haven't been doing that. I've been eating! I've been eating every food I love! I just follow the IIFYM (Flexible Dieting) principles. I am so happy. I'm so proud. And so shocked. I have made it work. I DO have the discipline. I DO believe in myself! I did it!

Of course, now I am excited to wear those old clothes that I love so dearly, but I'm also beyond thrilled to purchase some new ones for our trips this year. My journey isn't over yet, so please keep checking back regularly.

Are you familiar with this feeling? Have you had success with IIFYM? Or just success in general? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment