Monday, April 21, 2014

The Proof Is In The Pudding


Hey babes, I know it's been a while since I've blogged. I actually took a very bad fall and hurt my right leg from top to bottom (nothing is broken thank God!) and I also was on vacation for 8 days (which I will blog about next!). I've been off from the gym for 2 weeks and today was my first day back at it, my knee and ankle still seem a bit swollen and bruised which caused some pain but all in all I felt pretty good. I can still do my jump pull-ups which rocks!

So, if you're an avid follower, I began following the principles of IIFYM at the end of December and began working with Sohee Lee of Sohee Fit and have been with her since. You can read all about IIFYM in my previous blogs but if you have specific questions about it, please ask below and I will try my hardest to get you the best answer. Anywho, for 13 weeks I weighed, measured, and tracked all of my food and lost about 13 pounds. I was diligent and meticulous. It was challenging, but it was/IS extremely important to my success! Tracking is time consuming and some can really struggle with it in the beginning. If you work with it and STICK TO IT, it will become second nature and MOST of the time you won't even need to do a search for the food because you will know the measurement by "eyeballing" it.

Well, when I went on vacation I decided I wasn't going to track anything and I wasn't going to workout (of course I did a lot of physical activity but no structured lifting workouts). I really wanted my focus to be on my family and live in the moment. PLUS I was super curious to see what would happen if I ate what I wanted, within reason of course, utilizing what I have learned over the course of 3 and a half months and putting it in motion. I drank some beer here and there, had a couple cocktails, splurged BIG time on my seafood consumption (lots of lobster!), and had a few pieces of bread and butter along with some pasta, candy, cookies, and pizza! But of course I also ate a lot of HEALTHY foods out there too. Lean meats, seafood, eggs, bacon, salads, and a lot of water. I thought I would gain about 3-5 pounds (most of it water weight, respectively). So, you can imagine my surprise when I got home and weighed myself to find a ONE POUND DIFFERENCE! I gained ONE stinkin' pound while on vacation. ONE! And you wanna know why? It's because I did the work FIRST. I laid a solid foundation built with principles, hard work, discipline, coaching, sweat, and tears! I didn't decide a week before my vacation I was gonna go balls out and starve myself JUST to look good in a bikini, okay?

I made a decision long before the thought of wearing a bikini entered my head, that I was going to do this for me. I NEEDED to do this. I NEEDED to live a better life than one filled with cleansing, two shakes a day with minimal food, living off of green beans and cold chicken! I knew there was a better way. And I found it. Not only did I find it, I stuck with it. Even when I had bad days and even when I veered off of my diet or missed a workout; I hopped back on the horse and kept going. YOU HAVE TO KEEP GOING! This is where the magic happens.

Also, let me just say that for the first time in forever, I felt completely comfortable in shorts and a bikini. And that is a feeling worth fighting for. So if you have been on the fence about following IIFYM, ask me anything and I will help you get started on this beautiful life filled with courage and strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment