Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Getting More Comfortable

We are coming up to our 3 week mark of being in the new house and all I can say is WHEW. Life is finally becoming manageable again. I'm finally able to start going to the gym regularly again, which is HUGE for me because the gym is really like my safe haven; it's my room to breathe, really. It's my sacred time for me to process my thoughts, release some tension and anxiety, and really helps me keep my head on straight. So, without it for the past couple weeks it's been extra challenging.

Getting used to the garbage pick up and putting it out front with our recycling, etc., has been a whole new world too. We used to just toss our garbage down a shoot and voila! Now, we are living like actual humans. And let me tell you I understand this is totally a first world problem and I often have to keep telling myself to just chill, but the whole garbage and flies flying into my house when I open my front door is all taking a lot of getting used to from my city high rise life. However, now that HUGE changes are slowly becoming more like familiarities, life is becoming somewhat normal again.

Getting used to a whole new schedule and how things work in this house (my son is now sleeping til just about 8 am every day now, can I get an AMEN!?), my days are starting later. Breakfast is later, gym is later, and everything is pushed back a little bit. When you've been on a set schedule with your child for the past 2.5 years and now everything is shaken up, it's very scary. But like I said, we are all adjusting quite nicely now!

We have spent a lot of money, no, like, a shit ton of money on furnishing our new place and honestly it's scary. It's scary but when we look back to living in our condo, we didn't buy ANYTHING. So now that we are dropping the big bucks (why is EVERYTHING $1000?!?!) it's been hard to swallow, but the bigger picture is really helping us realize this is all worth it.

Using a leaf blower has been a huge cool new thing for me too! A leaf blower? What a genius idea! Also the excessive amounts of cleaning products I have bought and actually used is a HUGE amazement to me. Home Depot is LITERALLY my new best friend! I haven't decided if I am in love with the idea of that, but it's starting to grow on me (even though I've newly discovered I have a bad OCD problem, EEK!).

So, the bigger picture. The bigger picture is I see our entire future in this neighborhood. I see my son playing little league and getting scrapes and spending endless summer nights running around with his new friends and maybe even my new mom friends and knowing "Joey and Susie" from around the corner and having sleep overs and possibly having another child and joining a new Church community and having this awesome and beautiful life here. I see it all. I see it here. I am so overjoyed that we made the decision to be here and to leave our condo life behind us for the better good of our family and our son. Do I miss it? Sometimes. It sometimes makes me sad thinking about the memories we had there, but the excitement and happiness we gained from moving here far outweighs all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment