Thursday, May 8, 2014

Zucchini Fiesta


Lately as I've been trying to figure out how to "cure" my carb addiction, I've been making zoodles. Like, a LOT of zoodles. And I love them. No really, I do! 

First, I bought my spiralizer off of Amazon. Best 28 dollars I've ever spent. Well, I think anyways. 

Ingredients:
1 pound bison (you can use any ground meat you like)
1 TBSP canola oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 jar of chunky salsa (I like spicy!)
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 TSP Cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 cup of water
2-3 zucchinis (unpeeled) 

Directions:
Heat oil in pan. 
Sautée onions and when clear, add meat. Cook and add in garlic, spices, and salsa. Mix well and add in water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Let mixture reduce for about 10-15 minutes depending on your desired level. Lastly, add in spiralized zucchini, mix well, cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until zoodles are softer. 

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment