Monday, May 21, 2012

Essentially Bella!


I came across Essentially Bella from the owner, Jami, as she is a local business in my city of Chicago. I love meeting business people but there’s something about buying locally that really makes my heart happy. First, you are supporting your local economy and second, your product doesn’t have to travel far which means it will be most fresh! Of course, I also care about the chemicals that go into my body via my mouth but also through my skin. As I go through life year after year I meet more and more people whose lives have been changed due to a health scare of their own or a person near and dear to their heart. Through scientific literature you can find out a lot about chemicals. However, lately I’m sure you’re more aware of buzz words that are being used today such as; organic, parabens, formaldehyde, and sulfates. These words are often linked to diseases like cancer. It is with that reason that I look for the BEST of the best out there in terms of what goes into and onto my body and Essentially Bella is one of the best being both local and natural? AWESOME!

Usually I steer clear of scrubs because I often times break out from them and I really don’t want to relive my puberty-driven-pimple-stricken teenage years ever again. However, I decided to give Jami’s Lavender Scrub a shot. When I received my scrub in the mail I opened the box to find a beautifully crafted 7oz container with a simple logo. I love the simplicity of bottles because it just seems so crisp and clean to me. Next I opened the container to get a whiff of the delicious lavender scent and delicious it was; believe me, I couldn’t start my shower soon enough! It comes with a cute wooden paddle on the inside to scoop out the scrub so you don’t have to smash your fingers in it (smart). For my first use I decided to use the scrub on my arms, chest, back, and feet. My chest is the area I was worried about breaking out as it seems more sensitive than other parts of my body. My feet REALLY needed a good scrub. Being a mom and a gym freak I don’t have the time I used to have to get my bi weekly pedi’s anymore. Plus, it’s flip flop season now so my feet need extra TLC.

Well, I can’t rave enough about this product! My skin was instantly silky smooth, I didn’t break out, and I got a compliment about how good I smell right after my shower! Triple whammy! Because this product is made with natural ingredients such as; Sucrose, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, and essentials oils, you can be sure it is good for you, your health, and the planet.

You can order directly from the Essentially Bella website located here:

And please be sure to “Like” them on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment