Saturday, April 6, 2013

2013, I Welcome You.

(I realize this is posted late on here, but I posted in another blog before. I wanted to make sure this post is here because its very important for my future posts).

2013, you have come so quickly. How is it possible that I plowed through so many milestones in just one year? The year of 2012 was full of my most profound, proud, anxious, happy, and thankful moments thus far. The major events that sparked our lives with such passion, sadness, curiosity and bountiful joy will never be forgotten and will now serve as the gateway to our promising future.

The birth of my son on Christmas day 2011 led us into the most selfless, soul searching year of our lives. I have never been so scared in my whole life. I was and am forever responsible for the love my son will endure, the experiences he will partake, and the manners and lessons he will learn that will one day make him a successful, caring, and appreciative man. His birth has made me forever grateful for the gift of life and the out-pour of support we have received from those closest to us. While I thought I’d be giving birth on January 20, 2012, I missed the anticipation of “when” and “what if.” When will he come? When will I get to see his face? What if he comes late? What if he gets stuck? What if I can’t do this? I never experienced those feelings because I was so surprised by his obnoxiously early arrival. However, I would not have it any other way. The love I have bursting through every inch of my soul for this precious little boy is a love I never imagined possible. A love that could only be possessed by one that cares so deeply for another that they forget they are separate bodies, yet feel like one. A love I never believed I could be worthy of.

I have suffered the loss of an aunt whose smile was brighter than the moon and whose heart was just as big. Her body was taken over so quickly by cancer that there was only enough time to say goodbye.

I have experienced the temporary “loss” of my brother to the United States Marine Corps (USMC). I have been glued to my siblings my whole life, so having him in another state for months without seeing his face has brought on a whole new challenge. While I am proud of the 19 year old boy who left us in February to serve his country, I am even more proud of the 20 year old man he is becoming.

This year, I have been given the gift to have a bigger voice; a voice that can be heard all throughout the world because of Skinny Mom. I am forever grateful to Brooke and Tori for blessing me with the opportunity to fulfill my dream of inspiring just one person through my writing and experiences. Thank you ladies!

Lastly, I became a wife. I am a wife to a man who has been there for me for 5 years through thick and thin. He has been my rock and I have been his anchor. I don’t believe that there could be another couple on Earth who feels the way we feel for each other. I have gained another family who just happen to be the most amazing, selfless, and helpful people. I am forever thankful that we were brought together, that he is my best friend, and that we get to experience so much more as a family sealed by the bond of marriage.

What I have learned in 2012:

Patience.
How to overcome fear with my son.
The importance of sleep.
How challenging being a parent is.
How much work it really requires to be a good parent.
Who is important.
No one will ever care more about you than you.
Surround yourself with like minded people.
What hard work really is!
Selflessness.

What I will leave behind:

Negative Self talk
Negative people
Hate
Regret
I wish you the happiest of New Years and I hope you reach for the sky and push your limits; your potential is limitless, after all.












No comments:

Post a Comment