Saturday, April 6, 2013

Unexpected.

You ever have one of those days where nothing happens like you thought it would?

Today was one of those days.

A big, fat, over abundance of amazing, breath taking, tub of fun and love happened today.

J slept by my sisters house last night so John and I could have a date night. Our date night was full of in depth adult conversations; which is a huge change from my day to day "ABC," "123," songs followed by single words that I use to engage J. For example, "Give." "NO." "Mommy?" "You?" "Hurry!" "Look!" "Yay!" "Kisses?" You get the idea, right?

Last night we galavanted about the city as usual and ended up at this super chic new restaurant called Urban Union. I began with a champagne cocktail. We decided upon both the Chef platter and Chef tasting menu WITH drink pairings.

We sat. We talked. We smiled. We yawned. We laughed.

Minutes upon minutes passed; table neighbors came and gone; sake, wine, red, white, sashimi, fish, chicken, duck, filet, salad, bacon; all came and gone.

Our night ended with us chatting with our server, Patrick, who was BEYOND! We loved him so. We love great service. We love people. We love us.

This week was full of new challenges for our family (Johns new job, schedule adjustments, more time that I needed to share with J. Just a whole bunch of newness). So we needed it. We needed time to stand still. And for those 5 hours, it did.

So we awoke this morning earlier than I would have liked. I awoke needing our son! We both feel that way when we are without him for a night. But before we headed out we chatted on the couch with our disheveled selves, cleaned, and then hit Meli for brekky! Why not?

We scooped J, took him back home and he passed out in the car so we transitioned him to his crib where he slept for another hour and a half. He awoke and off we were!

We packed just a few items and headed out to explore. We visited the park which was oodles of fun. J is such a free spirit and dare devil that sometimes I feel like my husband dies a little each time from multiple heart attacks due to this kids adventurous and SUPER independent spirit!

Afterwards we walked over to a local grill and had some wings, mini burgers, and a bloody. Us three were chillin, watching the Hawks game. Until baby decided he wanted to tantrum it up and we needed to head back home for another nap.

While sitting on the couch back at home my husband turns and says, "do you ever feel like no one else is in the room when you and I are together?" I turn, smirk, and say "couldn't be more true." So we just sat and sat until J got up again!

I headed off to the store to buy something to make for dinner, snacks, and some adult beverages.

I return to hugs and slobbery wet kisses. Play time fun! Basketball! Tons of laughs!

I made a homemade pizza and we all ate together. We played some more. Practiced our counting. Read some Dr. Seuss. And bed time it was for little man.

I sit here in my super hot tub, a glass of Prosecco Brut, staring at a play hammer and a baby spoon as I write this.

Life, is grand.







































No comments:

Post a Comment